Caramel Apple Dip – Recipe
With the upcoming holidays like St. Nicholas Day, Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year, there will be lots of parties to attend, and lots of party foods to prepare and sample. I will contribute by posting some of my favorite recipes for these occasions.
At our latest family gathering at Thanksgiving, I prepared this fairly light caramel dip, and it was my daughter-in-law’s favorite dip. I was so delighted, and decided to post it here for you to try and to enjoy. It requires very few ingredients, and it is much lighter in flavor and texture, than the store bought caramel dip. This recipe makes 2 cups of dip.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- A pinch of ground cloves (optional)
- ½ cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 2 red apples, cored and cut into thin wedges, or chunks
- 1 green apple, cored and cut into thin wedges, or chunks
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, honey, caramel topping, and 1 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon.
- Beat until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle with ½ tsp. of cinnamon.
- Place the bowl of dip on a platter, and arrange apple pieces around it.
Tip. We found out that a very generous dipping with an apple chunk, tastes much better than just a light dipping.
Spear the apple piece with a toothpick, and submerge it in the dip…..yummy!!!!
I added a pinch (tip of 1/8 tsp. ) of ground cloves, to enhance the flavor and complement the cinnamon aroma.