Carrot Soup – The Fat Smash Diet Recipe
This helps me get motivated, and really psyche myself out for the long haul ahead.
Since my husband is not willing to join me on this venture, I prepared some regular meals for him, so I can stay out of the kitchen for few days to avoid any unnecessary temptations.
Today I will share the Carrot Soup recipe, which yields 4 servings.
- 10 carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp. butter (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cups (40 oz), vegetable broth (I prepared my own)
- 3 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 Tbs. minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Tbs of chopped parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup brown rice (I used cooked brown rice)
- Fill a 6 quarts pot with water (5 cups), and prepare your own veggie broth, or use ready-made broth.
- I prepared my own broth by boiling 2 stalks celery, 1/2 onion, 2 bay leaves, parsley root (or parsnip), 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli, 2 tsp. kosher salt.
- While the veggie broth is cooking, heat a medium saucepan with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Add chopped onion, and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add chopped carrots and saute additional 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the sautéed veggies with the veggie broth, and ginger and curry powder.
- Bring to boil and simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, chopped parsley, black pepper and salt, as needed to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour soup into blender, in batches, and puree.
- Add cooked brown rice.
- Serve hot, or store in the fridge for future use.
TIP: I also purred all the other vegetables which I used for the veggie broth, and added them to the soup. I could not just waste them by tossing them away.