Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies – Recipe
My bloggie friend Susan, posted this wonderful recipe for Chocolate Oatmeal NO-BAKE cookies, on her website, which sounded so easy, and looked so delicious, that I just had to try them. Wow, these babies were absolutely scrumptious!!
According to Susan, this recipe has been around for a while, and she has been snacking on these on many occasions.
One would say – How can anything as wholesome and simple as Oatmeal, be mixed with something so good as Cocoa Powder, require NO BAKING, and turn out as a yummy cookie?
Well, you will not believe it until you try it yourself, and be pleasantly surprised.
Some of my family members never acquired the taste for Oatmeal, but they did not have any problems practically “inhaling” several of these, with a nice tall glass of milk.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups of sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup milk (I used Fat Free milk)
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), unsalted
- 1 tsp. vanilla (or flavor or your choice)
- In a large sauce pan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and butter.
- Mix it all well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Using medium heat, bring it to boil, and cook for 1 minute (my granddaughter loved counting to 60, to keep time)
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well with a spoon, until the peanut butter dissolves.
- Add oatmeal, and incorporate evenly into the chocolaty mixture.
8. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with waxed, or parchment paper.
9. Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto to lined pan, spacing cookies, so they do not touch.
10. Cool for at least 30 minutes, to let them set (I placed the pans in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool, since
my granddaughter and I could not wait to taste them).
We made over 30 pieces in the size of regular oatmeal cookies. They could have been smaller, for less calories per serving, because they are very addicting, like potato chips… you can’t stop at one!