Fresh Fruit Snack – Healthful and Delicious
Everyone loves snacking, and there is nothing wrong with that. Actually, it is recommended to have 2-3 healthful snacks in addition to 3 regular meals per day.
The only issue with snacking is its contents, and portion size.
Healthful snacks of grains, fruits and vegetables are most healthful, but occasional “not so healthful” snack is OK as well, as long as portion control is exercised wisely.
Someone shared a good tip about her favorite “bad snacks”…such as potato chips, cookies, and chocolate.
Once she opens the bag, she divides its contents into small bags, and allows herself only one bag per snack time.
Simple but genius idea, don’t you agree?
- 1 large apple
- 2 mandarins, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup of green grapes
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips (I used Endes Creme De Menthe chocolate chips)
- Wash and dry off apple.
- Remove stems, and slice into 1/8 inch slices, horizontally, so the core is in the middle of the slices.
- Cut out the middle of each slice, to remove the core.
- Cut each slice in half.
- Spread a thin layer of your favorite peanut butter over each slice, and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Arrange apple slices, mandarins and grapes on a serving platter.
You may also use Nutella rather than peanut butter, and chopped raisins, cranberries, or nuts, rather than chocolate chips.