Posted by Suburban Grandma in Health, Life
Those of you who were lucky enough to be recipients of gift certificates for a massage, especially a foot massage, will find this post of interest, and schedule your massage without delay.
If you are still dreaming of such experience, then don’t forget to include it on your gift list for next year.
Here is a very interesting and informative video, which provides a short summary of reflexology and pressure points in your feet.
I also find it very intriguing that a massage and stimulation of the different pressure points in the foot associated with body organs, can positively affect their function, such as:
- Vision problems
- Hormonal imbalances
- Quality of sleep
- Deep relaxation
- Back pain
- Blood pressure
Pressure points can be used to:
- Treat certain symptoms of illness
- Reduce stress
One would need to consult with an experienced reflexologist, or Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner, to identify the key areas, and to receive treatment and relief.
However for stress reduction, some of these basic methods and techniques of foot massage may be applied by you on your own feet:
- To reduce stress in the knees and calf muscles – apply pressure to the area at the top of the ankles
- To clear up the sinuses and improve vision – apply pressure to the tops of the toes
- To improve breathing and open up the chest area – apply pressure to the soles of the feet
- To flush out toxins from the body - apply pressure to the large area right beneath your toes
- To stimulate the stomach, kidney and spleen, and to help alleviate indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome or other types of discomfort after eating - apply pressure to the arch of the foot
- To help control blood sugar, improve energy flow and reduce excessive fatigue and other side of blood sugar imbalance – apply pressure to the inner soles of the feet near the arch
- To flush out the lymphatic system, and help the body to eliminate toxin buildup caused by stress and improve overall well-being – apply pressure to the area under the second toe, and gently massage this pressure point
If you never experienced a foot massage and stimulation of the pressure points in your feet, watching a video on this subject on UTube, will provide you with a preview of this wonderful and relaxing experience.
- Splendid 2 in 1 Pressure Cooker by Fagor
- Awesome Gift Ideas For Any Occasion
- Red Beets – Health Benefits
- Beef Stew – (Pressure Cooker Recipe)
- Spareribs with Barbecue Sauce – Pressure Cooker Recipe
Tagged with: anxiety
, back pain
, blood pressure
, deep relaxation
, foot massage
, foot pressure points
, hormonal imbalance
, Pressure points in feet
, sleep quality
, toxin buildup
, Traditional Chinese Medicine
, vision problem