Jello Cheesecake – No Bake Low Fat Recipe
My sister, who lives in Krakow, shared several Eastern European recipes with me, which I will prepare, and post for your enjoyment.
Today I will share a No Bake recipe for a Low Fat Jello Cheesecake, which is very simple to prepare, presents itself very nicely, and it is refreshingly delicious.
Jello Cheesecake is much lighter than a traditional cheesecake, and to make it even lighter, you may use 1/3 less fat cream cheese, which I tested on one of the layers, and it held up as well as the regular cheese.
I used regular jello, since I do not like the taste of sugar free jello, but you might want to try the sugar free if you wish. My selection of jello leaned towards citrusy flavor, but you may choose a more fruity one.
I decorated my cheesecake with blueberries and grapes, but any fruits may be used, or left out all together.
- 3 – 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese (regular or light)
- 4 cups of water, separated
- 1 – 3 oz package of Orange Jello
- 1 -3 oz package of Lime Jello
- 1 – 3 oz package of Lemon Jello
- 1 – 3 0z package of Strawberry Jello
- 1/8 tsp. Orange Extract (to add to Orange Jello)
- 1/8 tsp. Lemon Extract (to add to Lemon Jello)
- Fruit of choice for garnish (I also used few fresh mint leaves)
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch spring-form cake pan, and set side.
- Pour 1 cup of water into three different saucepans, and bring to boil
- Pour the Orange Jello into one of the pots, the Lime into another, and the Lemon into the last one.
- Turn off heat, stir until the sugar is dissolved, add extract, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix one 8 oz package of cream cheese, until creamy.
- Add the first jello, once it is partly set, but still has the consistency of yogurt.
- Beat in with the cheese until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Pour this jello/cheese mixture into the spring-form pan, and smooth it evenly with a spatula, or a spoon.
- Place it in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile work on the second package of cheese and next color jello, and set aside, and do the same with the third cheese and jello.
- Remove the cake pan with jello from the fridge and spread the second cheese/jello mixture over the first one, and place it back in the fridge to cool.
- Then do the same with the third cheese/jello mixture, and place it in the fridge.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a sauce pan, and prepare the Strawberry Jello, same way as the ones above.
- Set aside to cool off to room temperature.
- Now it is time to decorate the top of the Jello Cheesecake with fruits, if you wish.
- Gently pour the cooled Strawberry Jello over the fruits, and return to the fridge for couple of hours to fully set before serving.
- Before serving, remove it from the fridge, run a knife around the edges of the cake close to the side of the pan, to loosen it up.
- Remove the sides of the spring-form cake pan, but leave the cake on the pan bottom, and place it on a serving platter.
- For easier and cleaner cuts, dip your knife in a warm water, before slicing the cake.
It is a wonderfully refreshing dessert on a hot summer day, or anytime of the year, and for any occasion.