Green Punch – St. Patrick’s Day
With lots of green for St. Patrick’s Day, I am contributing with a Green Punch recipe (non-alcoholic), for those who are too young, or not so fond of alcohol, to be indulging in Guinness, or other green beer. This is a quite refreshing punch, suitable for any occasion.
- 2 packages of lime flavored gelatin mix (3oz each)
- 1 quart of hot water
- 1 can of pineapple juice (46oz)
- 2 cans of frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (12oz each)
- 1 cup of sugar (optional – see tip below)
- 4 ½ cups of cold water
- 2 liters of Ginger Ale
- Pour 1 quart of hot water into a large saucepan, and dissolve the gelatin.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour the cooled gelatin into a large punch bowl.
- Stir in: pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, sugar, and 4 ½ cups of cold water.
- Just before serving, pour in the Ginger Ale.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!!!
Tip: I skip the sugar, because to me the punch is sweet enough without it.