Posted by Suburban Grandma in All Recipes, Cakes, Cookies, Desserts, Life
These brownies are sinfully delicious.
The middle layer of white chocolate, nuts, and caramel, makes them “oozing” with goodness.
Not to mention additional chocolate morsels mixed into the top layer of these brownies….yum.
It is a total delight for chocolate lovers!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (I used 3/4 cup ground almonds)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate unsweetened chips)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted (optional to drizzle over the top)
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, mix the butter with the white and brown sugars, until creamy.
- Add 2 whole eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the batter.
- Grease well 8 x 8 inch baking pan ( I used Crisco shortening).
- Scoop the remaining batter into the greased pan, and smooth it evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top of chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the top.
- Beat remaining egg into the reserved batter, until creamy, and light in color.
- Stir in the 3/4 cup of semi-sweet ( or unsweetened) chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly over the caramel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in the microwave, mix to creamy texture, and drizzle over the top of the brownies.
I served these warm, by zapping them in the microwave for 20 seconds, just before serving. They were totally awesome, nice and warm, and so soft and creamy inside.
For a total indulgence, these would be great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting – Recipe
- Decadent Chocolate Banana Bread – Recipe
- Dark Chocolate and Ganache Torte – Recipe
- Fruity Scones – Skinny Recipe
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies – Recipe
Tagged with: Best brownies ever
, Chocolate chips
, Chocolate dessert
, decadent brownies
, Layered Brownies
, Sinfully delicious brownies