Swedish Meatballs – (Slow Cooker Recipe)
If you are planning a party and need ideas to expand your menu beyond the chips and dips, Swedish Meatballs will do the trick.
You can make these from scratch, or buy ready made Italian Style frozen meatballs, and cook them in your own sauce.
I actually tried the ready made meatballs, and they taste wonderful, with so much less work.
- 2 Lbs. meatloaf mix ground meat (may use turkey, or beef)
- 1 envelope onion soup
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 14 oz. ketchup (2 cups)
- 1Tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 10 oz. current or apple jelly (3/4 cup)
- Mix the ground meat, onion soup, egg, Italian seasoning and breadcrumbs together into a meatball mixture.
- Form small meatballs.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes per side, turning over once.
- While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce.
- Mix together ketchup, Italian seasoning and jelly.
- Add to meatballs
- Set the slow cooker on high and cook for 2 hours.
I serve my Swedish Meatballs right out of the slow cooker, keeping it on a warm setting, since they taste so much better when served warm.