Posted by Suburban Grandma in All Recipes, Fish, Meatless dishes
Here is another meatless dish, which is quick, easy, and nutritious. Perfect for a busy mom who strives to serve her family a healthy meal. These are perfect alone, or accompanied by a nice serving of garden salad, or a bowl of soup. This recipe serves 2-4.
- 2 English Muffins, sliced in half (horizontally)
- 6 oz can of your favorite tuna (I use Bumble Bee)
- 1 Tbs. Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. chopped celery
- 1 Tbs. chopped onion
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 onion slices (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Claussen Pickles, quartered
- In a medium bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onions, and pepper.
- Toast the English Muffins.
- Divide the tuna salad into four equal portions (about 2 Tbs. each).
- Spread each muffin half with one portion of the tuna salad.
- Cover with sliced onion, sliced tomato, and top it off with a slice of American cheese.
- Place the tuna melts in a microwave and melt the cheese, or place it in an oven proof dish and melt them in the oven.
Serve with a slice of pickle, salad, or soup. You can also prepare the tuna salad your favorite way, and build your own tuna melts.
- Homemade Chicken Salad – Recipe and Tips
- Broccoli Salad – Recipe
- Refreshing Tomato Salad – Recipe
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon – Recipe
- Super Bowl – Party Food
Tagged with: English Muffins
, Hellmann's Mayonnaise
, Tuna fish