Posted by Suburban Grandma in All Recipes, Health, Life, Meatless dishes
As I was looking through a cooking magazine, I came across a recipe for cottage cheese pancakes.
The recipe sounded quite interesting, so I could not wait to test it out, by preparing it for my family.
I altered the original recipe, hence posting my version.
If someone does not care for cottage cheese, I think ricotta cheese would be a suitable substitution.
These pancakes are very moist, but not that sweet.
My grandchildren really enjoyed them served with blueberry pie filling, or maple syrup.
This recipe yields 10 medium size pancakes.
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Canola oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. (You can also use a blender)
- Heat a frying pan with 2 Tbs. of Canola oil to 350 degree F.
- Pour 3 Tbs. of batter onto a hot pan, and fry 2-3 minutes per side, turning over once.
- Serve warm with your favorite topping, or syrup.
- Irish Potato Pancakes – Recipe and Techinque
- Buttermilk and Chocolate Chip Pan Fritters (pancakes) – Recipe
- Zucchini and Goat Cheese Fritters – Recipe
- Pan Apple Fritters (Ratsushki)- Recipe
- Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup – Recipe
Tagged with: blueberry pie filling
, Cottage cheese
, cottage cheese pancakes
, easy pancake recipe
, Homemade pancakes
, maple syrup
, Ricotta Cheese