Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – Weight Watchers Recipe
Do whatever works the best for you.
All that matters, is that you eat healthy and stay in motion, so you not only look great, but also feel energized and confident about yourself.
Your body will reward you now, and especially in your “Golden Years”, so you can continue to enjoy life rather than spending time and money in medical facilities.
I found a recipe for a delicious looking dish, Weight Watchers Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.
It was pretty quick and easy to prepare, and quite delicious.
Best of all, it’s ONLY 5 points per serving.
This recipe yields at least 4-5 servings.
Serve as is, or with a small serving of Brown Rice...count your points...
- 3/4 lbs. Sirloin beef
- 2 1/2 Tbs. Cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Canola oil
- 1 cup Chicken broth, low-sodium
- 5 cups Broccoli florets, fresh
- 1 Tbs. Ginger root, minced
- 4 garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce, low-sodium
- Rinse the Sirloin beef, and trim off all fat, and membranes.
- Slice, against grain, into thin strips (2 millimeters thick).
- Spread out on a cutting board.
- Mix 2 Tbs. cornstarch with 1/4 tsp.of salt; sprinkle over the meat to coat evenly.
- Heat 2 tsp. canola oil in a deep frying pan, add the meat in one layer.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a bowl, and set aside for now.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth into pan, to deglaze it.
- Add broccoli florets to the pan, cover it and cook 2 minutes, stirring at least twice.
- Uncover, add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook 1 minute.
- In a separate cup, mix remaining 1/2 Tbs.cornstarch, with 1 Tbs. water, to dissolve, then add 1/2 cup of broth and soy sauce. Pour over broccoli.
- Simmer for 1 minute, to thicken slightly.
- Gently fold in beef.
- Serve hot.