Blueberry Yogurt Cake – Very Light and Moist
If you want some very moist, fluffy, delicious, yet low-calorie coffee cake, this is the recipe for you to try.
It is very easy to make, and you don’t even need a mixer…can’t get any easier than this.
I was enjoying tea with a friend of mine, and she served this awesomely delicious, heavenly light, just perfect sweetness blueberry cake, so of course I asked for the recipe.
Today, I will share this wonderful, light fat blueberry cake recipe with you, so you may enjoy a “guilt free” piece of a coffee/tea cake with your family or friends.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup of Kefir, or Greek Yogurt (I used blueberry flavor Latta Kefir)
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. orange extract
- 2 cups blueberries (1pint)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs. Farina
- 2 Tbs. butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 4 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl mix all-purpose flour, cake flour, corn starch, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, sugar,Kefir, oil, vanilla and orange extracts.
- Using a spatula, combine the dry ingredients with the wet ones, leaving the batter lumpy (use about 10 strokes).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper, large enough to cover bottom and sides.
- Dab a little bit of Crisco shortening on the bottom of the pan to keep the paper from sliding around.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth it out with a spatula, to even it out.
- Mix the blueberries with sugar and farina.
- Place strategically all over the batter, for even coverage.
- Prepare the crumbs, by hand mixing the crumbs ingredients, then sprinkle them over the fruit.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove the cake from the pan, by lifting it out by the ends of the parchment paper.
- Place it on a cooling rack to cool it completely.
- Slice to serving pieces.