Posted by Suburban Grandma in All Recipes, Cookies, Desserts, Life, Saving Money
Rice Krispies Treats make an excellent snack for kids and adults. They are very simple to make, require very few ingredients , and best of all, a short preparation time. It can’t get any better than that!
You can make them plain, or dress them up with colorful sprinkles, M&M, drizzle with melted chocolate, or to make them extra yummy, cover them with chocolate ganache.….ahhhh.
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag of Marshmallows (10 oz)
- 2 Tbs of butter
- Optional decorations: sprinkles, M&Ms, melted chocolate
- Measure 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal into a bowl, and set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbs of butter in a large pan, keeping pan on low heat.
- Add Marshmallows, and continuously mix with a spatula, or a wet wooden spoon, until marshmallow dissolve and turn into a smooth paste.
- Gradually keep on adding cereal, and continue to work it into the marshmallows, until all cereal in fully mixed in.
- Remove from heat.
- Generously grease a glass casserole dish, 9 x 12 inches.
- Transfer the Rice Krispies/Marshmallow mixture into the casserole dish, and spread it evenly.
- Press gently down, using your fingers dipped in water (to prevent from sticking), or with a wooden spoon, also periodically dipped in water.
- If you want to use them plain, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to cool.
- If you plan to decorate them with your favorite accessories, this is the time to do it.
- Cover and set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled and set, use a sharp knife to cut into serving portions.
Store any leftovers in a plastic zip-lock bag, to prevent from drying out.
TIP: If you want to be creative, you can cut the Rice Krispies into interesting shapes, using your cookie cutters.
- Rice Krispies Ice Cream Cones – Fun Children Project
- Chocolate Scotcheroos – Recipe
- Corn Flakes Christmas Wreaths – Recipe
- Rice Flour Dumplings (Varenyky, Perogy) – Gluten Free Recipe and Tips
- Carrot and Banana Dog Treats – Recipe
Tagged with: Chocolate Ganache
, Rice Krispies
, Rice Krispies Treats