Kitchen Gadget – Cake Leveler
I enjoy baking cakes, and stacking them up into multi-layer tortes. However, layering cakes evenly could to be quite challenging. Once again, I was on a lookout for a gadget which would come to my rescue, and I found the “Cake Leveler”. It precisely levels and tortes cakes up to 10 inches wide, and adjusts up to 2 inches high (contains 10 notches).
It is quite simple, but works like magic. It is a “must have” for every cake decorator. The easy-to-adjust wire, which is stretched between two, notched for adjustment, legs of the holder, cuts perfect layers, while reducing crumbs.
- Measure the height you need on the leveler (start from bottom of the legs upward).
- Position ends of the cutting wire into notches at desired height.
- With legs standing on work surface, cut into crusted edge, using an easy sewing motion.
- Proceed by gently gliding through the cake.
- Repeat above steps until you have reached your desired number of layers.
Now you have perfectly layered cake, ready for frosting, stacking up layers, and decorating.
I really enjoy being challenged by trying new recipes. I volunteered to bake birthday cakes for my co-workers, as long as they come up with their favorite recipe. It is a great way for me to test a new recipe, and it makes us all very anxious to sample the final product.
I will include these recipes in my future posts, and hope you will find them exciting and delicious.