Rice Krispies Treats – Recipe
Rice Krispies Treats make an excellent snack for kids and adults. They are very simple to make, require very few ingredients , and best of all, a short preparation time. It can’t get any better than that!
You can make them plain, or dress them up with colorful sprinkles, M&M, drizzle with melted chocolate, or to make them extra yummy, cover them with chocolate ganache.….ahhhh.
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag of Marshmallows (10 oz)
- 2 Tbs of butter
- Optional decorations: sprinkles, M&Ms, melted chocolate
- Measure 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal into a bowl, and set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbs of butter in a large pan, keeping pan on low heat.
- Add Marshmallows, and continuously mix with a spatula, or a wet wooden spoon, until marshmallow dissolve and turn into a smooth paste.
- Gradually keep on adding cereal, and continue to work it into the marshmallows, until all cereal in fully mixed in.
- Remove from heat.
- Generously grease a glass casserole dish, 9 x 12 inches.
- Transfer the Rice Krispies/Marshmallow mixture into the casserole dish, and spread it evenly.
- Press gently down, using your fingers dipped in water (to prevent from sticking), or with a wooden spoon, also periodically dipped in water.
- If you want to use them plain, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to cool.
- If you plan to decorate them with your favorite accessories, this is the time to do it.
- Cover and set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled and set, use a sharp knife to cut into serving portions.
Store any leftovers in a plastic zip-lock bag, to prevent from drying out.
If you want to be creative, you can cut the Rice Krispies into interesting shapes, using your cookie cutters.