Honey-Apple Brie Bites – Recipe by Pampered Chef
The Honey-Apple Brie Bites were absolutely delicious, and so elegantly presented in prepared mini phyllo shells. These ready made phyllo cups are readily available at any grocery store, and they come in three colors: natural, red, and green. The chef selected the natural color, to complement the red apples she used in this recipe.
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium red baking apples such as Jonathan, cored, and finely diced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 4-in round Brie, or Camembert cheese with rind, cubed to ½ inch pieces
- 2 pkg prepared mini phyllo shells (30 shells total)
- Preheat the over to 400°F.
- Set you phyllo cups on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Mix gently the apples, walnuts, zest and honey.
- Place one cube of Brie in each phyllo cup.
- Using a Small Scoop, cover the Brie with one scoop of the apple mixture.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm. (They are still as delish cold).
My friends mentioned that this recipe would be great for Rosh Hashanah, since apples and honey are being served in abundance during that holiday. You will agree that these type of appetizers are great for any occasion.