Tea Gadgets – Snap Close Pincer Spoon Infuser, Tea Strainer, Tea Pot Cozy
I am an avid tea drinker, and while most people start their morning with a cup of coffee, I begin my day with a fresh cup of hot herbal tea, sweetened with a teaspoon of honey (Orange Blossom Honey is my favorite).
I use a spoon infuser to prepare my cup of tea, and it is a fun and simple process.
Directions to prepare a cup of tea, using a spoon infuser:
- Fill your spoon infuser with your favorite loose tea leaves, dried fruits and edible flowers, or other suitable tea herbs.
- Submerge the filled infuser in a cup of very hot water.
- Cover, and steep it for at least 5 minutes.
I cover my cup during steeping time, to capture the sweet aroma of the tea. I use tea bags to prepare my tea at work, because it is more convenient, but on weekends I usually prepare a whole pot of tea, and enjoy it throughout the day.
- Fill up you tea kettle with as much water as your tea pot will hold.
- Bring it to boil.
- Place the loose tea leaves in your tea pot.
- Pour the boiling water over the tea leaves.
- Place the lid on your tea pot.
- Place a Tea Pot Cozy (if you have one) over the tea pot, to keep it warm.
- Let it steep for 15 minutes (due to quantity.)
- Place a tea strainer over your cup, before pouring in your tea, to prevent any loose tea leaves from falling into your cup.
I have a matching Tea Pot Cozy to keep the tea warm while I am enjoying it alone, one cup at a time, or with my family and friends. It looks very attractive, and you don’t have to worry about reheating the tea all the time, and stepping away from your guests.
I have sampled a myriad of flavors of tea, but there are always more to experiment with. My favorite flavors of tea are: Ginseng, Ginger, Green leaf, Chamomile, Mint, and fruity flavored teas.
Drinking tea is very relaxing, and healthy for our body. Tea contains antioxidant compound of polyphenols, fluoride, and flavonoids. These properties of tea help the body to fight harmful free radicals, reduce plaque, enhance digestion, restrict buildup of cholesterol, and aid in overall blood vessel health and functionality. It also possesses anti-aging effects.
A friend of mine enjoys her tea so much, that she, and a group of her friends, get together regularly for a tea party. I think this is a wonderful idea, and such a pleasant way to spend time together with your friends.
The hostess of such a nice gathering may chose one flavor of tea to share with the whole group, or turn it into a tea tasting party. In which case she will need to provide a nice selection of various teas, equip each guest with an individual spoon infuser, or even provide several different styles of infusers, and have each guest steep their favorite cup of tea.