Posted by Suburban Grandma in All Recipes, Cookies, Desserts
I really enjoy trying new recipes, especially if I am expecting a large family gathering. Feedback from multiple samplers helps me decide on winning recipes. This Christmas Bark recipe, really sparked my interest, because it is very easy to make, and turns a simple saltine cracker into a scrumptious delicacy. I am sure your family and friends will love it as well.
Christmas Bark Recipe
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line bottom and sides of baking sheet with parchment paper (not waxed paper).
- Arrange one layer of saltines to cover the whole bottom of pan.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Cook for 3 min. stirring continuously.
- Pour butter-sugar mixture (caramel) over the crackers. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate morsels. When they start to melt, spread evenly over the entire layer of crackers.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate 1hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, peel off the parchment paper, and crack the bark into serving pieces.
(Makes approx. 40 pieces)
When I tried this recipe for the first time, I ran out of parchment paper, and decided to use waxed paper instead……BIG mistake……..since the butter-sugar mixture caramelizes during baking time, then STICKS to the waxed paper as it cools and hardens, making it VERY difficult to peel off. I hope you read this comment, to spare yourself of the mess I got myself into.
- Christmas Peppermint Bark – Recipe
- Fresh Fruit Sheet Cake – Low Calorie Recipe
- Pumpkin Roll – Recipe
- Apple Dessert – Recipe
- Apple-Rhubarb Meringue Pie – Recipe
Tagged with: saltine crackers