Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers – Recipe
These were absolutely delish, and my daughter-in-law shared her preparation instructions, hence this post for you.
I enjoyed the mini ones so much, that now I buy them on regular basis, and actually more often than the other ones.
They are great as a side veggie to any meat dish, a healthy snack, or even as an appetizer.
- 1 package of Mini Sweet Peppers, rinsed, patted dry (leave them whole with the stems on)
- 2 Tbs. of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt, or Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil paper.
- Pour 2 Tbs. of olive oil onto the lined pan.
- Place the rinsed, and dried off peppers on the pan.
- Mix or toss around to evenly coat them with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian Seasoning.
- Place pan on a middle oven rack, and bake for 20 minutes (see TIP below).
- Remove from oven to cool off slightly before serving (they are very hot inside).
These still taste wonderful at room temperature.
Here are some pictures of the steps above: clean peppers layered on the pan, seasoned with spices and oil, and finally all baked.
TIP: You may bake these peppers without turning them over, so they are lightly toasted on top, and get more browned on the bottom, which is fine, and you might even like them better that way. Or you may bake them for 10 minutes on one side, and turn them over to the other side for the remaining 10 minutes of baking, to make them evenly baked on both sides. I do not turn them over, since I love the slightly charred bottom, which I feel it adds to the overall flavor of the finished product.