You already know from my previous post, that I stocked up on well priced pork loin, and will share my new recipes.
This time I tried a recipe for Pork Loin stuffed with a mixture of sauteed spinach with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream, with some modifications.
I decided to use Dijon Mustard and spices topping, rather than olive oil and spices.
I served this meat accompanied by cooked brown rice flavored with sauteed onions in the olive oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
- 2.3 lbs Pork Tenderloin, trimmed of fat and membrane
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 10 0z spinach, thawed and squeezed out dry (I also added one bag of fresh spinach)
- 2 Tbs. white wine
- 4 0z sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or Greek Yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the meat horizontally 1 inch thickness from the bottom towards the center, but not cutting it through.
- Then cut again from center towards the other end, also about 1 inch thickness, to turn the tenderloin into a rectangular piece of meat about 1 inch, or so, in thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan, and saute the onions until lightly golden, add chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Rinse fresh spinach, shake off excess water, remove stems.
- Mix in spinach into the sauteed onions and garlic.
- Add the thawed, squeezed dry spinach, and wine, and saute for a minute.
- Remove from heat, and mix in the sun-dried chopped tomatoes, goat cheese, cream cheese and sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spread the filling over the meat, leaving at least an inch margin all around the meat rectangle.
- Roll up first 1/3 of meat over the filling towards center, then roll the opposite end of meat over the first one, also towards the center, to form a roll.
- Secure the ends and the seam with toothpicks, or use a kitchen twine to fasten the roll.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the pork roll in a shallow baking pan, pour the mustard sauce over it, and bake, uncovered for 50-60 minutes, or until the meat thermometer placed in the center of the roll, and reads 155 degrees F.
Mustard Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. Oregano
- 1 Tbs. Thyme
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
Mustard Sauce Directions:
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients, to incorporate and spread evenly over the top and sides of the pork roll.
Enjoy, and share your comments.
- Stuffed Pork Roll – Recipe
- Excellent Pork Roast – Recipe
- Zucchini and Goat Cheese Fritters – Recipe
- Pesto Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Spread
- Spinach Turkey Meatballs – Recipe
Tagged with: Dijon mustard
, Goat Cheese
, mustard sauce
, Pork Tenderloin
, Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
, sun-dried tomatoes