Cream Cheese/Jello Dessert – Recipe
Jello desserts are great any time, but I love them that much more during the summer months.
Then again, whipping up a jello dessert mixed with cream cheese and fruit, how can you beat that?
The recipe I am about to share with you is also very quick and simple to prepare, and it makes a very refreshing dessert for your family barbecue, or a dish to pass at a neighborhood get together. I made this jello mold for numerous occasions, and I never had to worry about storing any leftovers…..it’s yummy!
This recipe yields about 64 oz , which is about 8 cups (16 – 1/2 cup servings).
- 2 boxes (3 oz each) of Strawberry Jello
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 large box frozen strawberries (12-16 oz)
- 2 cups crushed pineapple , drained ( 2 – 20 oz. cans)
- 1 small sour cream ( 8oz)
- 1 package cream cheese ( 8oz)
- Dissolve jello in hot water.
- Drain the strawberries, and mix into jello.
- Cool until partially set (the frozen strawberries will cool the jello very quickly).
- Mix in the crushed pineapple.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the sour cream, to a smooth paste, and fold into the jello mixture.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until well set (couple of hours, or overnight).