Asian–Style Turkey Burgers – Recipe
I am not very fond of turkey myself, but I do prepare a big Thanksgiving Feast for my family.
These Asian-Style Turkey Burgers are great, if you are opting out of cooking up a storm for Thanksgiving! They are easy to prepare, moist and flavorful, and only about 280 calories per serving. How can you beat that!
I serve them on a 100 calorie Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins, made by Arnold.
You can add some of your favorite trimmings, and celebrate Thanksgiving on a lite side.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped fine
- 3 Tbs fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs Green Pepper, minced
- 1 Tbs Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs cold water
- 2 tsp fresh Ginger, peeled and grated (or 1 tsp powdered)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs oil for frying
- 4 Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins, 100 calorie each
- In a large bowl, mix well the first 11 ingredients.
- Divide the turkey mixture to 4 equal portions, shaping each into a ¾ inch-thick patty.
- Coat a large skillet with oil, warm over medium high heat, until hot.
- Add patties, and cook for 8 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Serve on buns, with your favorite condiments and trimmings.
Just for fun, I checked on the calories in some fast food chicken sandwiches, as I have not noticed turkey on their menu yet, and found out that these range from 360 - 660 calories per sandwich...ouch!