Baby Lima Bean Salad – Vinaigrette Recipe
Whenever we decide to change our eating habits, we begin to search for new recipes to expand our culinary horizons.
Today I put together this Baby Lima Bean Vinaigrette salad, which is very healthful, vegetarian, and fits perfectly in the Fat Smash Diet category I am currently following. It is full of protein from the Lima Beans, plus the goodness of the other vegetables and seeds incorporated into it.
You can use the Flax Seeds or the Trilogy Health Seeds, listed in the ingredients of this recipe.
You can use it as a healthful snack, or serve it on a bed of lettuce with some additional nuts, tomato wedges, or shredded carrots for a light lunch.
This recipe yields 2.5 cups of salad or 5 servings.
- 1 cup dry Baby Lima Beans (I used Goya brand)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 Red Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red and sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk cellery, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 2 Tlbs. vinegar
- 1 Tlbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tlbs. virgin olive oil
- 1 Tlbs. Fax seed oil
- 2 Tlbs. Flax seed, or Trilogy mixed seeds
- 1 tsp. ltalian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Soak the beans covered in water for few hours or overnight, then drain.
- Place the soaked beans in a medium saucepan filled with 2 cups of water. Bring to boil, lower the heat the cook until tender. May add more hot water if needed to cook them longer.
- Drain water and set the beans aside to cool off.
- In a medium bowl toss the beans with the chopped vegetables.
- Add the remaining ingredients and incorporate into the salad.
- Chill for few hours, before serving, to let the spices flavor the beans and veggies.