Butterscotch Blondie Bars – Recipe
This recipe was posted on the wrapping of a Calphalon baking sheet, which I purchased for a family member.
Since I never made Blondie Bars before, I was eager to give this recipe a try, and was very pleased with the finished product.
Since there is a lot of butter and sugar in this recipe, I cut the serving pieces into cute little cubes of 2 x 2 inch….so there is less guilt for having more than piece at time….:-)
Butterscotch Blondie – Recipe
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line bottom of 12 x 17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar at medium speed, until fluffy (about 3 min.)
- Reduce speed to low, and mix in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla and mix
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, into a bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix on low, scraping bowl as needed,until completely incorporated.
- Turn off mixer and fold in butterscotch chips.
- Spread better evenly in the baking pan.
- Bake at 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into squares.