Easy Garlic Bread – Recipe
I used to purchase frozen Garlic Bread, or even the fresh one in the bakery section of my grocer.
However, once I tried making it at home, I am sold on it, and it is my favorite accompaniment with pasta dishes, or tossed salads.
It is so simple to make, since you use ready made French Baguette, or Italian Bread.
Today I am sharing this simple recipe for a very fresh tasting Garlic Bread. You can make it with butter, or even olive oil.
Ukrainians love their bread, and eat it not only with salads, but also with soups, and even pasta dishes.
This recipe yields 4, 1 piece servings.
- 4 slices of your favorite bread ( Italian, French,Tuscany, Saloio)
- 2 Tbs butter, room temperature (or olive oil )
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced, or Garlic Powder
- Italian seasoning, or dried basil (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Slice your bread crosswise, to about 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Spread the butter (or olive oil) on one side of each piece of bread.
- Generously sprinkle garlic powder over the butter, or spread 1/4 of the chopped garlic on each slice of buttered bread.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, or basil.
- Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Turn the oven on to Broil
- Position oven rack at least 3 -4 inches below the top heating element.
- Broil about 3 minutes, or until the bread edges start to brown slightly (watch it closely, because it can burn up very quickly)
- Remove, arrange on a serving platter, and serve it hot.