French Roast – Crockpot Recipe
While visiting our relatives in PA, we enjoyed this very tasty meal of a French Roast and veggies, prepared in a Crock-pot.
The whole meal was cooking by itself in a Crock-pot, providing lots of time together to catch up on our past family events, while snacking on delicious horse devours.
This recipe yields plenty of food for 4-6 people.
- 3-5 lbs of beef (Rump Roast, Eye Round, London Broil)
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 oz. baby carrots, whole (I did not have baby carrots on hand, so cut up regular carrots)
- 2 stalks celery, cut up
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup French Dressing
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tbs. Dry Tapioca
- Trim the meat of fat, and rub it all over with salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Brown the meat on all sides, on stove top in a frying pan seasoned with some oil.
- Set aside.
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onions at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle Tapioca over the veggies.
- Mix the French salad dressing with beef broth.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture over the veggies.
- Please the meat over the veggies ( I cut my meat into serving portions)
- Pour remaining dressing/beef broth mixture over the meat.
- Cover slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4-5 hours.
- Best served hot.