Shrimp Casserole – Lemon and Butter Recipe
I do like some fish, but it has to be mild in flavor, and totally free of bones.
Today I baked fresh shrimp with herbs, lemon, and butter. It was fairly simple to prepare (except for the cleaning and deveining), and fine tasting, however shrimp scampi, and Broiled Salmon , are still my favorite seafood recipes thus far.
I have another shrimp recipe to try, and definitely will share my comments with you.
The picture of this dish was posted on Pinterest, including some quick ingredients and directions, so I will include my version, for your convenience.
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined (I buy American brand)
- 8 Tbs. butter (1 stick), melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (my addition)
- 1 packet of Good Seasons Italian all natural seasoning
- 1 1/2 lemon, sliced into discs (circles)
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley leaves (my addition)
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground (my addition)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the melted butter with minced garlic, and pour into a rectangular glass casserole dish, spreading it all over the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of butter, forming a single layer.
- Arrange the cleaned and deveined shrimp on top of the lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning over the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the parsley flakes and pepper on top of that.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
You can serve this shrimp as an appetizer, or a main course over pasta, or just plain with a side dish of veggies and wild rice.