Swedish Meatballs – (Slow Cooker Recipe)
If you are planning a party and need ideas to expand your menu beyond the chips and dips, Swedish Meatballs will do the trick.
You can make these from scratch, or buy ready-made Italian Style frozen meatballs, and cook them in your own sauce.
I actually tried the ready-made meatballs, and they taste wonderful, with so much less work.
- 2 Lbs. meatloaf mix ground meat (may use turkey, or beef)
- 1 envelope onion soup
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 14 oz. ketchup (2 cups)
- 1Tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 10 oz. current or apple jelly (3/4 cup)
- Mix the ground meat, onion soup, egg, Italian seasoning and breadcrumbs together into a meatball mixture.
- Form small meatballs.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes per side, turning over once.
- While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce.
- Mix together ketchup, Italian seasoning and jelly.
- Add to meatballs
- Set the slow cooker on high and cook for 2 hours.
I serve my Swedish Meatballs right out of the slow cooker, keeping it on a warm setting, since they taste so delicious when hot.