Foundation – Phase Two-The Fat Smash Diet
We successfully completed the Detox Phase of the Fat Smash Diet.
Didn’t the 9 days just fly by? Aren’t you feeling better already? I sure am; it feels great!
Phase Two is much easier than Phase one, in regards to food selection. Even though we still continue with all the foods from Phase One, we are making new additions. This phase lets us get back to many of the foods we were missing during the past nine days. It still is very important to eat 4-5 smaller meals per day, and healthful snacks in between.
We must remember NOT to skip meals, and stick to the eating schedule we have set up for ourselves in Phase One. We must keep up the good work with physical activities, to keep on smashing the fat, and building good habits.
Here are the additional selections of daily servings:
(portions are 3-4 oz, which is equivalent to a deck of playing cards. All these meats and fish are baked or broiled, NOT FRIED)
- Chicken without the skin
- Turkey without skin
- Ground Beef: EXTRA lean or ground sirloin
- Sirloin steak
- Halibut, Tuna, Salmon, Snapper, Striped Bass, etc. – 3 oz. servings
- Shrimp – 4 large
- Mussels – 3 oz
- Oysters – 6-12
- Clams – 3
- 1 whole egg- scrambled, boiled, or poached
MILK and CHEESE:
- 2 1/2 cups of low-fat, skim, or soy milk
- 2 oz. of cheese (2 slices)
- ½ cup of cottage cheese
- Any unsweetened cereals – 1 cup of cold, or ½ cup of hot
- 4 tsp of granulated sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Coffee – 1 10oz cup, and 3 cups or herbal tea, and 5 cups of Club soda or 2 cans of diet soda, and 1 cup of iced tea (sweetened only with 2 packets of sugar substitute, or Lemonade made with real lemons and 2 packets of sugar substitute or 2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Unlimited flavored seltzer or tonic water
- Unlimited tap or bottled water
- 2 graham crackers and 2 tsp. low-sugar jelly
- 2 Tbsp raisins and 10 peanuts
- 2 gingersnaps and ½ oz cheddar cheese
- 2 small chocolate chip cookies
- 15-20 fat free Tortilla chips
- 4 animal crackers and 1 small orange
- 2 rice cakes topped with 1 tsp. peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 8 halves dried apricots and ½ cup skim milk
- 6 saltines-type crackers with 2 tsp. low-sugar jelly
- White rice
- White Potatoes
- Bread/English muffins
- White pasta or whole wheat pasta
- White flour
- Pasties, donuts, Danish, cakes,cookies, brownies,
- Ice Cream
- Potato chips, corn chips, tortilla chips, popcorn
- Fried foods
- Fast Foods
- Regular Soda
- Sweetened juices from a bottle or can
- Café latte or cappuccino
TIP: Don’t forget to do some physical activity after dinner. Also, remember your food portion size: less is more!
Whenever you weigh yourself, do it in the morning just before stepping into the shower. You will love your scale.