Chickpeas Vinaigrette – Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe
Chickpeas, also known as Garbanzo Beans, is very high in protein, thus an excellent food choice for vegetarians, vegans, and great for Fat Smashing Diet folks.
I prefer vinaigrette salads over the ones with mayo, and would easily choose many vegetables over some meats. This Chickpeas Vinaigrette salad is just the perfect combination for me, and you might like it as well.
It is very easy and quick to assemble, and holds well for several days, refrigerated. It is perfect for any occasion, such a party food, light lunch, or a healthful snack.
- 2 cups of Chickpeas (I used 1 can of Progresso)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I used my “best on earth” garlic chopper)
- ½ cup of celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2Tbs fresh Italian Parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, onions, garlic, celery, red and yellow pepper, and Italian Parsley.
- Fold with a spoon to mix evenly.
- Prepare the vinaigrette dressing by combining the Red Wine Vinegar and olive oil in a shaker, and mix well.
- Pour over the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for an hour, or overnight, for the flavors to marry.