Posted by Suburban Grandma in All Recipes, Cakes, Cookies, Desserts, Life, Saving Money
Chocolate Peppermint Bark is lots of fun to make, and a great idea for holiday gift giving.
My daughter passed her recipe to me to try out, and I am sharing a slightly modified version with you.
I know you will love the creamy, yet crunchy, texture, and the minty refreshing flavor.
- 24 oz dark chocolate chips (12 oz for a thinner layer)
- 18 oz white chocolate chips (12 oz for a thinner layer)
- 1 cup chipped candy canes, or peppermint hard candy
- Unwrap the candy canes, or peppermint hard candy.
- Place them in a Ziploc bag, and zip it closed.
- Place the bag between two kitchen towels, on a counter top, or any had surface.
- Using a meat mallet, or a rolling pin, break up the peppermint candy to medium size (raisins size or larger) chunks.
- Set aside.
- Line a 11 x 18 inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and grease it lightly with butter , or cooking spray.
- Melt the dark chocolate and spread it evenly over the bottom of the cookie sheet (use a knife, or the back of a spoon, for easier handling).
- Place it in the fridge to cool completely, to firm up.
- Melt the white chocolate.
- Save 1/4 of the chipped peppermint candy, for topping.
- Fold in the rest of the peppermint chips into the melted white chocolate, to incorporate evenly.
- Pour the white chocolate/peppermint chips, over the cooled dark chocolate.
- Smooth it out.
- Sprinkle the saved peppermint chips over the top of the white chocolate.
- Press gently with your hand, to slightly embed them into the white chocolate.
- Place the pan back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or longer, so the chocolate bark sets firmly.
- Once set, using your hands, break up the Chocolate Peppermint Bark into uneven pieces, and store in an airtight container (I peeled off the foil paper,used a knife to pre-cut the bottom of the dark chocolate, for easier handling)
- Christmas Bark Recipe
- Chocolate Toffee Matzoh – Passover Dessert Recipe
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies – Recipe
- Layered Brownies – Recipe
- Chocolate Scotcheroos – Recipe
Tagged with: candy bark
, Christmas bark
, dark chocolate chips
, peppermint candy
, peppermint candy canes
, white chocolate chips