Avocado Baked Eggs – Easy Breezy Breakfast
I just realized that I have not been posting that many breakfast recipes lately, yet this meal is very important to jump-start your day.
Also, the kids are home for summer vacation, so they might like to try adding this dish to their breakfast menu.
Or better yet, your teenagers might want to surprise you and whip up some goodies for your breakfast.
This recipe is very simple, yet full of good stuff for your morning meal, and you can even grab it with you to eat later at work. Can’t beat that!
This recipe yields 2 eggs.
- 1 ripe Haas avocado, cut in half and pit removed
- 2 small or medium eggs (large eggs will spill over)
- 1 strip bacon, fried and crumbled (ham, turkey, or cooked sausage may also be used)
- Pinch of Kosher salt and Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. Cheddar cheese, optional
- Using a spoon, scoop out a little more if the avocado, so the cavity is the size of the egg you will use.
- Lightly sprinkle the avocado cavity with Black pepper, and hot sauce.
- Line a baking dish with aluminium foil, scrunched up to support the avocado so it does not tip over.
- Break an egg into the avocado cavity.
- Top it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese (I skipped it this time)
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top of cheese (I used ham...no bacon on hand).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (I used my toaster oven...it worked great, using less energy and creating less heat in the house)
- Bake 15 minutes, or until the egg white is fully set.
You may add a side of fresh fruit, to nicely finish off this meal, and to cleanse you palate.