Chocolate Cupcakes – European Recipe
Cupcakes have earned their universal popularity.
Everyone loves them.
Having a cupcake on your dessert plate makes you feel real special, because it’s like having your personal mini cake.
There are myriad of cupcake recipes out there, to please everyone’s taste.
Today I will share a European recipe for chocolate cupcakes, with cream cheese frosting.
This recipe yields 20+ cupcakes.
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. Rum Extract (or Vanilla if you prefer)
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 8 oz cream cheese (regular or 1/3 less fat)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whip the butter and sugar to form a thick paste (about 1o minutes on high).
- While mixing, add one egg at a time, and beat in well to incorporate.
- Mix in the extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Mix flour mixture into the egg and butter, just to incorporate.
- While still mixing at low-speed, slowly add the milk alternating it with the cream.
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees F.
- Line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake liners, and fill them with batter all the way to the top of liner.
- Smooth out the tops, and bake 20 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan, and cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, frost them with cream cheese icing.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and extract.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, and keep mixing until creamy.
- Fill a cake decorating sleeve with icing and decorate the tops of your cupcakes.