Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies – Recipe
These jumbo cookies are full of chocolate goodness,with crispy bottom, yet a soft and chewy middle.
Total perfection wrapped up superbly in one and all.
They are super delicious while still warm, with the semi-melted chocolate chips oozing out of them, and still scoring high points the next day; after that, there were only few crumbs left here and there…
One recipe yields 24 jumbo cookies.
Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly golden on top. Do not overbake.
- 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, or chunks (12 oz package)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combing softened butter (see tip below), brown sugar, and granulated white sugar.
- Beat at medium speed for about 6 minutes, scraping the sides often (at least once every 2 minutes).
- Add one egg at a time, beating again for a minute after each addition.
- Add vanilla, and beat another minute, scraping the sides few times.
- Reduce speed to low, and gradually keep on adding the flour mixture, while still continuously mixing and scraping the sides (about 3-4 more minutes).
- Fold in dark and white chocolate chips.
- Drop 1/4 cupfuls of dough (I used ice cream scooper) onto ungreased cookie sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Each mound is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter, but expands to 4 1/2 inches, or more, during baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly golden on top. Do not overbake.
- Remove from oven, and let stand in a baking sheet for 1-2 minutes, to slightly cool off and firm up.
- Using a spatula, remove cookies onto a cooling rack, and cool completely.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container, or a zip-lock plastic bag.
To soften butter, I cut it up into about 1 Tbs. chunks, placed it on a microwave safe plate, and zapped it for 20 seconds.