Lemon-Blueberry Drop Scones – Recipe
Scones are a wonderful accompaniment to tea, for those of us who are not coffee admirers.
My daughter found this recipe on line. It sounded simple enough, yet delicious, and since we had all the ingredients on hand, it was a perfect time to move forward with the project.
There can never be a wrong time to bake in our house, and if a new recipe sounds great, then there is that much more drive to go for it.
We were very pleased with the final results.
These scones have more moisture in their texture, thus resembling muffins, which makes them different from our other scone recipes.
The lemon glaze adds a refreshing tangy flavor to their overall delicious taste.
This recipe yields about 12 scones.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted (we used butter)
- 1 cup fresh, or frozen blueberries (do not thaw before use). We used fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Generously grease a baking sheet.
- Drop batter onto greased baking sheet, by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle over warm scones.
Enjoy these delicious Lemon-Blueberry scones with your tea, coffee, or a nice tall glass of cold milk.
One thought on “Lemon-Blueberry Drop Scones – Recipe”