Mrs. Z’s Deviled Eggs
If you like deviled eggs, you will agree that every cook has his/her own special touch in making them. The main recipe is basically always the same, but everyone adds something extra to make it their own. This particular recipe was created by me personally, and the men in our family enjoy these Deviled Eggs very much.
- 8 extra large eggs
- 2 ½ Tbs. Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Deli Style Mustard
- 1 ½ Tbs. Claussen Pickles, minced
- 1 ½ tsp. Claussen Pickle juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the raw eggs in a large pot filled with cold water, about an inch above the eggs.
- Cover the pot, bring to boil, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and drain the water.
- Crack each egg shells with a spoon, and cover with cold water until eggs cool off (this helps the peel to come off with ease).
- Peel the eggs, and rinse off (in case there are any remaining shell pieces).
- Cut eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks into a bowl, and lay the hauled out egg white halves on a serving platter.
- Press the yolks through a sieve, by using a spoon in a sweeping motion.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well
- Fill a cake decorating bag fitted with your favorite tip, with the yolk mixture.
- Fill the hauled out egg whites halves.
- Sprinkle with Paprika (optional)
- Decorate with Parsley, Celery, or Dill leaves (optional).
Any leftover Deviled Eggs are a wonderful snack the next day, or served for breakfast.