Posted by Suburban Grandma in All Recipes, Appetizers, Meatless dishes
Have you been looking for a light recipe to bring to a picnic, or a special event?
I have a perfect one for you to proudly whip up, and to enjoy with your family and friends.
I like preparing deviled eggs, because they are such a fun party food to bring along, and very easy to prepare.
Since some people are not very fond of mayonnaise, this recipe is perfect, as it uses a mashed avocado instead, as well as only some of the egg yolks, cutting down on overall cholesterol.
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried cilantro flakes)
- 1 tbsp diced tomato (peeled and seeds removed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ground Paprika for garnish
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs, and cut in half horizontally.
- Remove the yolks. Save 2 yolks, and discard the rest.
- Cut the avocado in half, and scoop it out.
- Place the 2 egg yolks, avocado, lime juice, and onion in a food processor, and pulse until creamy (see TIP below)
- Fold in cilantro, jalapeno and tomato.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill a pasty tube with the egg mixture, and fill the egg white halves.
- Garnish with a spring of cilantro, or a snippet of red pepper, or tomato.
- Sprinkle with Paprika.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!
TIP: If you do not have a food processor available, you can mash the avocado and egg yolks with a
fork, or press it through a sieve, using the back of a spoon.
- Mrs. Z’s Deviled Eggs
- 7 Layer Guacamole Dip – Recipe
- Avocado Egg Salad – Light Recipe
- Sorrel Borscht (Shchav) – Recipe
- NEW YEAR PARTY FOODS
Tagged with: Avocado
, Deviled Eggs
, Easy appetizers
, easy party food
, fun party foods
, guacamole deviled eggs
, low cholesterol deviled eggs
, low cholesterol party food
, Party Foods
, picnic food
, Vegetarian recipe