Guacamole Deviled Eggs – Recipe
I have a perfect one for you to proudly whip up, and enjoy with your family and friends.
I like preparing deviled eggs, because they are such a fun party food to bring along, and very easy to prepare.
Since some people are not very fond of mayonnaise, this recipe is perfect, as it uses mashed avocado instead, as well as only some of the egg yolks, cutting down on overall cholesterol, and calories.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried cilantro flakes)
- 1 tbsp diced tomato (peeled and seeds removed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ground Paprika for garnish
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs, and cut in half horizontally.
- Remove the yolks. Save 2 yolks, and discard the rest.
- Cut the avocado in half, and scoop it out.
- Place the 2 egg yolks, avocado, lime juice, and onion in a food processor, and pulse until creamy.
- Fold in cilantro, jalapeno and tomato.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill a pasty tube with the egg mixture, and fill the egg white halves.
- Garnish with a spring of cilantro, or a snippet of red pepper, or tomato.
- Sprinkle with Paprika.
If you do not have a food processor available, you can mash the avocado and egg yolks with a fork, or press it through a sieve, using the back of a spoon.