Corn Flakes Christmas Wreaths – Recipe
If your children like Rice Krispie treats, they will enjoy these Corn Flakes treats as well. This recipe is a modified version of the Kellog’s Holiday Wreaths recipe.
These are just as simple to mix as Rice Krispies, but they require more time to be shaped into decorated wreaths. If you do not have an hour for this project, then you can just shape them into circles You can also pat the mixture into a rectangular pan, cut into triangles, and decorate them like Christmas Trees.
My daughter made these for a Holiday Party at her daughter’s Daycare class.
This recipe yields about 16 wreaths.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp. green food coloring
- 6 cups Corn Flakes cereal
- Nonpareilles candies
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Add Corn Flakes cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Coat ¼ cup measure with cooking spray
- Using oiled fingers, quickly shape into individual wreaths.
- Decorate with Nonpareilles candies.
- Store in single layer in airtight container.
Decorate each wreath with Nonpareilles candies as soon as you are done forming it, so the candy adheres better. You can also use corn syrup as the sticking agent.