7 Layer Guacamole Dip – Recipe
There was lots of positive feedback from everyone who tried it.
I made this dip with only 6 layers, since I omitted the black olives (I am not a big fan of olives).
- 1 can Refried Beans
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Ortega Taco Sauce
- 3 Avocados, ripe
- 2 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 envelope Dry Taco Mix (low sodium if possible)
- 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can Pitted Black Olives, sliced
- Combine Refried Beans and 2 Tbs. of Sour Cream, and ½ cup of Taco Sauce, until creamy.
- Spread on the bottom of a large round platter (large pie pan).
- Mash up 3 Avocados with 2 Tbs. of Lemon Juice, add salt, pepper, and 2 Tbs. Sour Cream. (You can add a few dashes of Tabasco Sauce, for additional zest).
- Mix it until creamy.
- Spread mixture over beans, leaving ½ inch border of beans showing.
- Mix 1 cup of Sour Cream with Mayonnaise, and Dry Taco Mix.
- Spread over Avocado, leaving ½ inch border of Avocado showing).
- Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped scallions.
- Layer the chopped plum tomatoes.
- Top off with sliced Olives.
- Chill, until ready to serve.
Serve with Tortilla chips, bite size, or scoops.
If you can't find ripe avocados, you may use the ready made guacamole fresh paste (14 oz.), found in your supermarket, and the dip still tastes great!