Easy Herb Vinaigrette – Recipe
I love gardening, and especially growing my own herbs to have on hand to use in my recipes.
One of the herbs I enjoy in my dishes, is fresh Basil.
Someone shared this recipe for a homemade vinaigrette, so I am sharing it here with you.
Fresh, homemade salad dressing is not only convenient, but also very refreshing.
This recipe yields: 1 2/3 cups of dressing.
- 9 Tbs white wine vinegar (plain or any other vinegar you have)
- 1 1/2 Tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or Canola oil
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh Basil
- 3 Tbs minced fresh Chives
- Combine vinegar, honey and salt.
- Whisk in the oil, until combined.
- Stir in Basil and Chives.
- Cover, and store in a refrigerator up to five days.
In case you do not have fresh Basil or Chives, you still can make a simple salad dressing by mixing some Extra Virgin Olive oil with vinegar, and adding some salt, pepper to taste, plus some dried Italian herbs, such as Oregano and Basil.