Jalapeno Corn Dip – Vegetarian Recipe
Some people love to entertain and try new recipes. My daughter is one of those people. She and her family are surrounded by the best neighbors in the world….really, I am not kidding. They all get along so well, and there is always some sort of a party going on. They all have such great ideas for parties, which bring up all sorts of new recipes to taste and experiment with. I also benefit from these events, as I volunteer to babysit my granddaughter and sample these wonderful foods.
Today I will share a recipe for a really scrumptious Jalapeno Corn Dip, which I love just as much as the popular Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip, I posted previously.
I bet you will love it as well, and everyone will ask for the recipe!!!. All you have to do is to encourage them to visit my site, suburbangrandma.com, and spare yourself the trouble of writing it out…..:-) thanks.
- 16 oz. frozen white shoe peg corn, thawed
- 4 oz. sweet butter (1 stick)
- 16 oz. low fat cream cheese (2, 8 oz. packages)
- 6 oz. Jalapeno Pepper slices, chopped (or more for extra spicy)
- Salt and Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan on a stove top.
- Add corn, and mix well.
- Stir in the Jalapeno Peppers.
- Add cream cheese to mixture, and stir until melted and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Serve with Tortilla chips, or corn scoops.
This dip is best served warm, so a small, 1-2 qt. crock pot, is just the perfect size.