Peanut Butter Dog Treats – Recipe
I found this recipe online, pinned it on my “TLC for Pets” board on Pinterest (click here), and made a batch of these treats for Roxy (my son’s dog).
Roxy is easy to bake for, because she LOVES everything I make for her (hopefully I am not spoiling her too much…???). She did not even care that these were in a shape of a Christmas Cookie, rather than a bone.
These treats are great, since they require all the natural ingredients one would use to bake cookies, without sugar and butter of course, which makes them even healthier for your pet.
This recipe yields 30 treats.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (I used Quick Oats)
- 1/8 cup coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used low fat)
- 1 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 Tbs. unsweetened apple sauce
- Combine all dry ingredients on a medium bowl, and mix around to incorporate evenly.
- Add in all remaining wet ingredients, and mix well to form a dough.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness, and cut out treats.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Store covered, in a cool dry place, or in the fridge. You can also freeze these for freshness, and later use.