Refreshing Fruit Salad – Recipe
The hot summer weather is getting its way, but this should not stop us from enjoying some refreshing summer desserts.
Lots of hot days in the sun, more time for outdoor fun, and less time to spend in the kitchen.
This is a very refreshing fruit salad, great for any occasion, and very easy to prepare.
This is my son-in-law’s favorite salad, so my daughter enjoys preparing it for her family, hence this recipe she shared with me.
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
- • 16 oz can sliced peaches, drained
- • 16 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- • 3 medium bananas, sliced
- • 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- • 3.75 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- • 1 ½ cups milk
- • 1/3 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- • ¾ cups sour cream
- Combine dry pudding mix, milk, and orange juice.
- Beat until blended – 1 to2 minutes
- Beat in sour cream
- Fold in fruit mixture
- Cover, and chill at least a couple of hours, or over night.