Pasta With Stir-Fry Veggies – Vegetarian Recipe
Gardening season is coming to an end. I have picked off the remainder of my free tomatoes and free peppers, as well as basil leaves and chives, and created a quick and simple meal out of my fresh veggies.
Nothing can be simpler than some pasta and stir-fry veggies, so that is what I decided to prepare.
You may like to sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top of the veggies, and serve it with warm garlic bread.
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of green peppers, sliced julienne style
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 Tbs chives, chopped
- 1 Tbs of fresh basil leave, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (used my favorite garlic chopper)
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs olive oil, for frying
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups of cooked pasta
- Cook your favorite pasta per package directions (one cup of uncooked pasta should be enough for this recipe).
- Wash your veggies, and dry off on a paper towel.
- Cut up your veggies (cut peppers in half, remove stems and seeds).
- Heat up a frying pan with the olive oil.
- Add onions, and cook until translucent looking.
- Add peppers and zucchini, and cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and cook another minute.
- Add chopped basil, minced garlic, chives, salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat.
- Fold in a little bit of olive oil into your pasta, so it does not stick.
- Place pasta on a serving platter, or individual plates, and top off with veggies.
You may like to sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top of the veggies, and serve it with garlic bread.