Posted by Suburban Grandma in All Recipes, Casseroles, Life, Meatless dishes
Zucchini season is in full swing in my garden.
My summer squash is not doing so hot, but zucchini is making up for it with its abundance.
Today I would like to share a recipe for Baked Zucchini Fritters in a casserole.
Quick, easy, nutritious and tasty….why would anyone even think of asking for anything more .
- 1 large zucchini, or 2 medium ones, grated on a large eye grater (trim off ends, do not peel)
- 1 large carrot, or 2 medium ones, peeled and grated
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. Oregano seasoning
- 4 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbs. breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray, or olive oil to grease the casserole dish
- Preheat the oven to 425 o F.
- Grease a 9 x 9 glass casserole dish with cooking spray, or olive oil. Sprinkle bottom and sides with 2 Tbs. of breadcrumbs, and set aside.
- Grate the zucchini, carrot and onion into a colander.
- Squeeze out as much of the liquid out of the grated veggies, as possible.
- Spread it on a double thickness of paper towel, and use more paper towels to blot out additional moisture. The dryer the mixture the better.
- Place the zucchini mixture in a medium bowl, add minced garlic, chopped parsley, chopped dill, and oregano.
- Add salt and pepper to the beaten egg, and mix it into the zucchini mixture.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, and fold it in as well.
- Scoop the zucchini mixture into the casserole dish, and spread it evenly, using the back of a spoon.
- Bake 35 minutes, until lightly browned on top, and edges crisped up.
- Cool to room temperature, before cutting into serving pieces.
These can be served plain as a vegetable side dish, or as a light meal with a dollop of sour cream, or Greek Yogurt.
- Zucchini Casserole – Vegetarian Recipe
- Zucchini and Goat Cheese Fritters – Recipe
- Ham and Potatoes Casserole – Recipe
- Shrimp Casserole – Lemon and Butter Recipe
- Pasta With Stir-Fry Veggies – Vegetarian Recipe
Tagged with: Casserole
, Meatless meal
, Vegetarian Meal
, Zucchini Casserole
, Zucchini Fritters
, Zucchini Fritters casserole
, Zucchini side dish