Light Ranch Coleslaw – Vegetarian Recipe
I like my coleslaw with mayonnaise dressing, but for those who do not like mayo, I created my own recipe with a Light Ranch Buttermilk Salad Dressing.
I enjoyed the taste of my creation, and decided to share the recipe with all of you.
The idea for this coleslaw sprouted from my leftover shredded cabbage, which I used for the Quick Ukrainian Borscht, posted earlier.
This recipe yields 3 1/2 cups of salad.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (8 oz). To make your own, check out my TIP below.
- 1/3 cup carrots, shredded (use a large eye shredder)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Light Ranch Buttermilk Salad Dressing
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar, or White Vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, shredded carrots, onions, dill, chives, salt, pepper, and vinegar.
- Toss together, to mix it all in.
- Fold in the salad dressing.
- Serve immediately, or keep it refrigerated until ready to use.
To make your own coleslaw mix, shred 1/2 head of medium size regular cabbage to make 3 cups. The ready made coleslaw mix consists of mainly regular cabbage, with some shredded red cabbage and carrots. You can add some shredded red cabbage for color variation, but it's not necessary.